- Every Girl Is A CEO Work-Study Program: Girls ages 13-17
- Mommy & Me Entrepreneurship Program: Moms and daughters ages 10-17
Learn about careers in business development and diversity, equity, and inclusion in the construction field.
Register to attend the virtual Polished Pebbles Mommy & Me Master Class on Saturday, April 30 at 11:30 am – 12:30 pm CT.
Learn about careers in fashion, design, and entrepreneurship from Christopher Reavley, Founder of CR Collection.
Girls in elementary school, high school, and college are encouraged to register!
The Great Equalizer: Helping Women and Girls Lead in Business
- Audrina Bigos, Morning Anchor, CBS Chicago
- Juatise Gathings, Chatham Operations Director, Discover
- Stephanie Luster, President, Essations, Inc.
- Stephanie Helms Pickett, Associate Vice Provost for Inclusive Excellence & Strategic Practice, Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity, North Carolina State University
- Mommy & Me Business Team: Jaye & Melan, CEO & Founder of Beauty Glam Nails
Polished Pebbles Black History Month Roundtable Discussion: Closing the Hope Gap for Girls
12:00 – 1:00 pm CT
Girls of color in Chicago experience the same poverty, violence, and trauma as boys, but have far fewer programs designed to address their specific needs and life experiences. For the past 13 years, Polished Pebbles has addressed the other side of the crisis. Polished Pebbles seeks to eliminate the “hope gap” experienced by many girls of color in Chicago and nationally who are navigating violence in their communities and structural barriers to supportive services, education, and employment opportunities. Now more than ever, we need more community and business leaders to invest in girls of color.
Polished Pebbles is the only girls program in Chicago that brings an innovative group of stakeholders to the table to beat the odds and provide real opportunities for girls in careers in tech, retail, the trades, engineering, and the nonprofit sector.
Join the Founder and Executive Director of Polished Pebbles, Kelly Fair, as she hosts a virtual panel discussion with community leaders about the critical need for businesses to invest in girls of color and ensure we are building career pipelines for girls.
- Wilbur C. Milhouse III, Chairman/CEO of Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc.
- Jenny Han, Director of Design Integration, The Boldt Company
- Karen Freeman-Wilson, President and CEO, Chicago Urban League
- Ximena Larkin, Director of Digital Strategy for Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and City of Chicago
- Monique Hunt, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Manager, Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants
- Jean G. Wine, Partner, Fox Swibel Levin & Carroll LLP
- Maureen Stimming, Director of Professional Development Program, University of Chicago Crown Family School of Social Work, Policy, and Practice
- Renee Williams, Senior Vice President, Regional Community Development Manager, Huntington National Bank
Get involved this Black History Month and invite your company colleagues and Employee Resource Groups to tune in and learn about this powerful solution for impacting girls in Chicago.
Donate and support Polished Pebbles in closing the “hope gap” for young women of color and invest in the success and future careers of the girls we serve.
- Raising awareness of the organization’s #CEO Girl Summer.
- Polished Pebbles declared Summer 2021 the #CEOGirlSummer. Among other awards, the organization received nearly $300,000 in grant funding from the Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority (ICJIA) Restore, Reinvest, and Renew Program to provide meaningful, paid summer programming and work experiences for over 160 girls and their mothers. Girls from across the Chicagoland area and from the South Suburbs participated in Polished Pebbles’ Every Girl Is a CEO Summer Work-Study Program this past summer.
- Garnering additional public awareness of the Every Girl Is a CEO Conference and Fundraiser through driving individual donations, sponsorships, and participation of eligible girls across the county to register for the event.
- Held on October 16, 2021, Polished Pebbles’ second annual Every Girl Is a CEO Career Conference serves as the organization’s annual fundraiser. This global career conference brings together young ladies in eighth grade – college from the Chicagoland area, nationally, and globally in South Africa to continue building their leadership skills and professional tools. The conference will feature engaging and informational panel discussions that include female CEOs and professional leaders working in a range of industries including construction and manufacturing, public health and safety, beauty, entertainment, and hospitality. This year’s conference will kick off with an in-person event in advance of the virtual conference featuring a series of hands-on workshops for girls to learn specific career skills and tools from our construction and trades partners as part of our Pink Hard Hats initiative. (https://polishedpebbles.com/…/every-girl-is-a-ceo…/)
- Assist in building adequate media exposure and public awareness to increase corporate sponsorships.
- Increase national sales of Every Girl Is a CEO Career & Success Guide written by Polished Pebbles Founder Kelly Fair (https://polishedpebbles.com/product/every-girl-is-a-ceo/)
- Increase public awareness of organization’s founder and boost recent news articles including recent profile in ESSENCE Magazine (https://www.essence.com/…/meet-the-black-woman…/)
If interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. In that email, please share the name of your firm, website, and primary contact person.